Friday, November 25
A day of thanks, the darkest of Fridays, and spreading Christmas cheer!
So I haven't exactly been the best at writing daily, but my excuses are good, I promise ;)
Wednesday we were slammed with over 8" of snow and I had to wait until the afternoon when it stopped to go anywhere. I ran some errands before going out with my girl friends for martini night. We went out to a few other bars and it was so nice to run into old friends from high school. I forget that it's been almost four years since I've seen some of them!
Thursday was a very busy day for me. It began with watching the Macy's parade and brunch at my mom's then Ryan and I headed to my grandparents for an early dinner. We ended back at my mom's to watch football and have another turkey dinner. Phew! I finished it off napping on the couch and watching Elf before bed :)
This Thanksgiving I was so grateful to have my mom home- even though she has had a tough time lately it was a true blessing to be able to sit down and eat with her. So many families spent the day without their loved ones and friends, whether they were overseas or recently passed away, and it meant so much to me to spend the day with my family. What were you grateful for this year?
Today I happily avoided Black Friday in support of Buy Nothing Day. I haven't been shopping on Black Friday since I was little, but I honestly don't have the urge (or patience for that matter) to wake up early only to wait in line for hours and then fight other shoppers for the last TV on sale. No thank you!
Despite the crazy shoppers and drivers out today I am so very excited for this holiday season! The lights, the snow, the SUGAR COOKIES... I could go on. I cannot wait to decorate my apartment and cut down a tree with my family.
Hope you all had a wonderful break and continue to give thanks as your spend your weekends with family and friends!
XXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment