Sunday, November 20

Let's give this a go... again


About four years ago I started a blog when I was a freshman in college and, like I had predicted, I became so busy and bogged down with school that I was unable to maintain it. Now I'm back and I have so much to share with you all!

As most of you already know I'm now in my senior year at ESF! I really cannot believe it's my last year... just last week I registered for my last semester and it was a very bittersweet moment for me. Rather than trying to catch you all up on the last three years I'm going to fast forward and give you a quick recap: I am now dating my wonderful boyfriend, Ben, and we're about to celebrate our two year anniversary and move in together! I'm still super involved in campus clubs and activities: this year I'm the student representative for the Board of Trustees; I was one of two head orientation leaders for this fall's incoming class of students; and I just completed duties as a student representative for the Middles States Steering Committee (for our university's re-accreditation). In addition I'm taking a full course load, mentoring, and on the hunt for master's programs for next fall!

Right now I'm home for about nine days for Thanksgiving break- the longest I've been home since July!! We're planning a small dinner this year since Steve's family came up this past week instead. Grammy is up helping mom and will stay until the day before I come back home for winter break in mid-December. Our whole family has been so supportive and wonderful these past few months. Many of you know that my mom has been very ill and we're still not 100% sure what caused her health to decline, if all her medical conditions were related, etc etc. It has been very hard for me being so far from home, but her wonderful friends and our family have been so encouraging and helpful. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people in my life :) Just so you all know she is doing much better and although each day holds many challenges she has been very strong and working hard to move forward.

Since I'm trying hard to get back into writing (and now blogging) on a daily basis, I ask for your patience as I am still trying to figure out how to use Blogger! Eli has been very helpful with setting it up and I aspire to be as dedicated of a blogger as she is. I'll do my best to write every day and hope you all enjoy hearing about my senior year!

1 comment:

  1. We love you Meg, and we are very proud of you.
    You are an amazing young lady. Good luck with your finals for this semester. I am looking forward to your future blogs :) XXX Grammy

    ReplyDelete